The top 5 biggest regrets of the dying, as recorded by a nurse.
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
“Health brings a freedom very few realise, until they no longer have it.”
2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
"All of the men I nursed deeply regretted spending so much of their lives on the treadmill of a work existence."
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
"Many people suppressed their feelings in order to keep peace with others."
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
"Many had become so caught up in their own lives that they had let golden friendships slip by over the years."
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
"Many did not realise until the end that happiness is a choice."